Syncmaster monitor blank at WinXP startup (SonicView box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I have been having a problem. From time to time when I attempt to start up my SonicView desktop PC, everything sounds like WinXP starts up fine EXCEPT that the monitor is 100% blank from the moment I hit the on/off switch.

I have had highly limited success getting it to turn on normally -- i.e., monitor works -- after starting computer, vigorously hitting a combo of F2, F8 and F12 -- ostensibly trying to boot the computer in Safe Mode or something -- then hard powering off and restarting. This solution is not acceptible.

Anyone know if this is likely a monitor issue, a pc hardware issue or xp config issue? Anyone know how to help me?

THANKS,

Jay

Well to be sure I would suggest testing your monitor on another system, as well as another monitor on your sytsem. This will help determine if it is your vid card or monitor or something else. You can also check the connection between your monitor and the vid card, there could be a pin bent over, or just not connected properly. Give that a shot and post back.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back