SYSPREP (Ghost) expert needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having issues with the windows activation coming up after I deploy a ghost image to a laptop (SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)
in the sysprep file i made it so it would ask me for the license key (which I get the the bottom of the dell laptops), they are OEM
so I put the sysprep.dll file, setupmgr.exe, setupcl.exe, sysprep.exe files in c:\sysprep
then I used setupmgr.exe to create a sysprep.inf file

my sysprep file is as follows...

;SetupMgrTag
[Unattended]
InstallFilesPath=C:\i386
OemSkipEula=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword="xxxxxx"
EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
OEMSkipRegional=1
OEMDuplicatorstring="Fully Automated"
TimeZone=35
OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
ProductKey=
FullName="xxxxxx"
OrgName="xxxxxx"
ComputerName=

[Display]
BitsPerPel=32
Xresolution=1024
YResolution=768

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=1
AreaCode=201

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup=1
Language=00000409

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Branding]
BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[Proxy]
Proxy_Enable=0
Use_Same_Proxy=0

I read somewhere about a cmdline.txt file or something, not sure what that is or if that has anything to do with this
The past under GUIUNATTENEDED: is everything right under there??

When I run sysprep.exe it gives me an option for Factory or something, which I did not do
I checked the box for mini-setup and left the other two options blank (i did not check them) "dont reset grace period for activation" and "dont regenerate security identifiers"
and clicked on reseal.

It then did its thing, shut down the PC, when i turned it back on, it went into windows setup as mentioned before...

So the main issue is: after I deploy the image it asks me for the product key in windows setup, which is fine, I use the license OEM key from the bottom of the dell laptops, it goes through, then I enter the new PC name as I noted it to do with the .inf file, which is also correct, and it goes into Windows...
then I get a product activation button, I tell it to activate now, and it then says incorrect product key...
I thought the "OemSkipEula=Yes" in the sysprep.inf file would get past that

WHAT DO I DOOO????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back