SysProtect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Blitzkrieg only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Formated PC

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response.

I formated my PC and I will download the Anti virus you gave me. What else should I do now?

Thanks !!!!

Hi,

It is of utmost importance the first thing you do right after a reformat and fresh installation of windows that you disconnect from the internet and install a firewall.

Here are some recommended software to install and links to them.

For antivirus, please use one and only one. Using more than one is not recommended as it may cause serious conflicts in your system.
AVG free
Avast

For firewalls please use one and only one. Using more than one is not recommended as it will hog your system resources.
Zonealarm
Kerio
Comodo

Here are some other miscelleneous programs which I recommend.
Spybot Search & Destroy. < use this if you have no other real time monitoring programs such as spyware doctor.
Ccleaner.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Blitzkrieg only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I installed AVG anti-virus and Zone alarm, but there's one more thing buggin' me. I still have words that are underlined as if it was a link for an other web site. How do I get rid of that.

Thanks !!!

I installed 7IEPro to block those underline words... it's working but not completly. The green ones are gone but the ones that are blue still show up ( but at least the flash is blocked ).

Let me know if you have any other advice thanx ( please read my previous post also ) thx !!!

Concerning my other posts .... Never mind what I said I think I don't know how to use 7IEPro it's not blocking nothing...

What words are underlined?

Is it on your browser? Or your desktop? Somewhere else? If it is desktop, although I can't find it myself, I believe there is a setting somewhere that underlines all icon text. If it is somewhere else, I have no clue.

Sorry if I am wrong. I myself am still learning a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back