System Alert message in icon tray. quite annoying; help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palad1n

I've had my computer for over a year, and have ran anti-virus programs, and whatnot..and just recently I have gotten a "System Alert" message saying I was infected with spyware. I downloaded AVG's free trial, and did a complete check on my computer and deleted the infected files. My assumption was that the message would be gone after I downloaded a spyware program and followed the necessary steps, but it went no where. So, I googled to see if anything could be of help, and found this forum. I'd be thankful if you smart individuals could inform me on how to fix this annoying problem. I'll attatch my HJT log, along with this message. Thanks for your help, ahead of time.

View attachment hijackthis.log

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re using an outdated version of HJT. Uninstall it, then go and read this thread HERE. Post a fresh renamed HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Palad1n only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Sorry about that..I must've accidentally clicked on the earlier version..

Attachments

• link.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
Your system is infected with several nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

LimeWire
Video Access ActiveX Object

Close control panel.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Palad1n only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I removed both LimeWire and Video Access ActiveX Object, like you suggested and followed every step of the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. The "System Alert" disappeared, which i'd like to thank you for. :) there's only one minor problem, my system seems to be running slow, when loading windows..is that common after going through all that scanning? i'm not too sure, your insight should be helpful. thanks, once again. oh, yeah..another thing, on the AVG antiroot, I had around 350+ items, and i was going to delete them all..but it said something along the lines of "you could be deleting important documents, do you wish to continue?" i didn't want to delete anything important, so i skipped that part. i'd be thankful if you can advise me on what to do. sorry for being a pest. :\

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

AVG Anti-Spyware Guard

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

guard.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A6ACAE64-F798-4930-AD86-BD3FB32038DB} - C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\isadd.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

In the AVG Antirootkit programme, do a system scan as per the instructions and click the save results to file button. Don`t fix anything yet. Save the file to weherever you want and attach it into your next reply.

I followed your instructions, and when I came around to do the AVG Antirootkit system scan, it says there were no rootkits detected. so i'm assuming everything was taken care of by following the guidelines. i'd like to thank you Howard for helping me through this problem, you're completely awesome and reply quickly. much appreciated, mate.

That`s good news.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back