System can't boot even in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I restart my computer and when windows tries to reboot it tries to boot but just keeps going in a loop.
i get the Start windows in safe mode (3 options), last known good config and start normally. None of these options work. I cant seem to find my original windows disc, I do however have a Gateway restore DVD which, upon starting my computer with the disc I only get a black screen. My computer doesnt even have a floppy drive to boot...
when i attempt to start in safe mode i get the list of processes and then "Press esc to cancel loading SPTD.sys"
my main concern here is at the very least saving the files that are already on the computer
Does anyone have a solution?

As to first trying to get to and recovering your files, see [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

Well as you do not have XP installation disk nor your restore dvd is working; that left with very limited options ..... one of the simplest ways to atleast get your data out of that HDD can be take it out and plug it in another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back