"System cant find powercinema.exe"???

By jamie2108
Jan 11, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop because of a virus attack.
    before the reformat powercinema was installed on it as it came with the laptop.
    since the reformat I keep getting a message come up saying "Warning... PowerCinema.exe cannot be found"
    I have reinstalled powercinema onto the laptop as I had it on disk but the message still keeps coming up.

Can anyone help?
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Try downloading/installing it from the original graphics-card website, i.e. ATI.
    Alternatively, get a better product such as WinDVD or PowerDVD.
  3. jamie2108

jamie2108 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 20

how will getting a better product stop the message "powercinema.exe cant be found" coming up. that solves nothing. i dont even use powercinema.

also why would the graphics card website have the instal for powercinema??
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Do I have to spell out for you that you should uninstall that undesirable product first?
    If it came with the laptop, and it e.g. auto-updated itself a few times, the version from your CD might be too old or not work correctly, hence my advice to get it from the horse's mouth!
    Your Powercinema was a freebie that came with that laptop, based on its graphics card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.