System checkup request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you advise whether or not my system is still infected,plz. I was infected with smitfraud toolbar, also in AVG a ComboFix txt.bat, Worm/Generic A.W, Trojan horse Backdoor.SmallX.BG. I am not very literate when it comes to this so can you please help! Thanx:rolleyes:

Read the stickies on this forum on spyware and viruses, then use something to clean your drive once more... first in full mode, then in safe mode...
Then run the latest version of HiJack This, and come back to this forum for assistance in reading and analyzing it.

Hi arx2431 and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

You are running an outdated version of HijackThis.
Please remember to obtain the latest version; you can download it from the link in my signature.

Please have HijackThis fix the following entries.

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} -
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ir5rse - ir5rse.dll (file missing)

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of arx2431 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back