System crash due to hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused001

hello.
I've recently installed a wireless keyboard and mouse, which was fully compatible with my OS. After a couple of days of using it, my internet browsers started crashing. It would do the blue screen of death when i click on it sometimes. Then, on other ocassions, it would just totally reboot the system, when i am in the middle of something. After it reboots, then xp tells me that an error occured. this has happened to me several times already, and i'm sick and tired of it:dead:.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you turn back to the old kbd and mice to see if the system will working properly?

regards

I think he means to try your OLD keyboard and mouse to see if the problems stop.

If that doesn't fix you up, then follow the link in my signature for "random crashes" and go through the troubleshooting steps there.

Good luck!

omg.. you say both the old and the new? im speechless

btw, you need only 1 keyboard and 1 mouse connected at time

The IRQ conflicts because of this are probably the source of all the problems. Remove either the old or the new set and they should go away.

Sorry, i was busy.
Yes, i do have my keyboard, and mouse connected at the same time.
the reason is, i like something of both my keyboard, and my wireless mouse.
What's IRQ?

IRQ stands for Interrupt ReQuest. It's too complicated to explain but I'll try. It's kinda like a software connection used to connect ur keyboard and mouse to the CPU. Each device in ur PC has a unique IRQ assigned to it. So if u have, for example, two keyboards and two mice, it will attempt to assign the same IRQ to both of each since it will detect each as a generic mouse and generic keyboard. So this will cause conflicts. Try removing either the old or the new set and it should probably go away.

Thank yiou for helping me.
I've removed the old keyboard and mouse, and it works fine again.
Do you know why, sometimes my pc crashes, while other times, it does not crash with the same configuration?
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back