System Error At Right After Everything Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy

Hey everyone, my name is Eddy and I need help.
I'm attempting to fix my friends computer so far I've "patched" it.
I scanned computer with NOD32 and CounterSpy.
I removed unnecessary software.
I removed a cd-rom writer because it wasn't compatible.

Here are the computer specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP, 1466 MHz (11x133) 1900+
Motherboard: Asus A7V8X-X
Chipset: VIA VT8377 Apollo KT400

And this is the system error:

Error Code: 10000050
Parameter1: e23e6000
Parameter2: 00000000
Parameter3: 8056b9ac
Parameter4: 00000001
Category: 102
Event ID: 1003

Any suggestions, will be very appreciated.

Eddy
Edit/Delete Message

First, you didn't mention what was wrong with it in the first place.

Second, if you're cleaning it, I would run the following:

• AVG Anti-Rootkit (free)
  • any anti-virus (any will do)
  • Ad-Aware 2007 (free)
  • Spybot Search & Destroy (free)
  • AVG Anti-Spyware (free)
If there are still problems, perform an XP repair installation.

I'm Sorry almcneil, the problem is that, once the pc boots up to the desktop I get a System Error, I can share the .dmp file that comes with it and Like I said I scanned the PC with NOD32 Anti-Virus (Virus, Trojans, Worms) and Sunbelt Counter-Spy (Ad-ware, Spy-ware, Mal-ware)

Once you've run the untilities I listed, try booting. If the problem still exists, try restarting in Safe Mode. Failing that, try an XP repair installation.

I agree with almcneil, the programs listed in his reply are the best i've used. I find Avast anti virus very good, also free

Hey cool, thx almcneil and membrane. Just a question what will safe mode do? how to i find out the source of the system error

Eddy said:
Just a question what will safe mode do?

Safe Mode is a diagnostic and troubleshooting mode. First, it uses the minimum hardware setup to run your comp: motherboard, keyboard, mouse, monitor, USB and one CD/DVD drive. This means you're not using your video, audio, networking cards or special devices. You can optionally select to include the network card. Also, not all Windows services and security features are enabled. This helps isolate the cause of a problem. If you go into Safe Mode and the problem disappears, it's something to do with what's left out. Or if it's still there, then it's part of the "core" components. Also, you can get around secuirty features in Windows to help remove spyware/virus or reset something that's sticky.

Thank You

Well, I downloaded the utilities that almcneil suggested and that membrane approved. Scanned my computer, Restarted ... No Error Boot :D

Thank You almcneil for the great tip

Thank You membrane for sticking by me :D

Thanks TechSpot

Thank you for the compliment. The reason I know they work is twofold. First, I worked at a Dell call centre once and 90% of our calls were spyware. It's far and clear the #1 comp problem, still today. Also, in the tech support industry, the word is you need to use 3 anti-spyware utils to remove everything. The 3 most common were Ad-Aware, Spybot and Microsoft Anti-Spyware. But since I left the call centre and eventually started up my own comp service biz, Microsoft relaunched their's as Windows Defender. Since then, I noticed it detects hardly anything. Meanwhile, one customer of mins was using AVG Anti-Spyware and WOW!! His system was clean!! So I dropped Windows Defender and substituted AVG Anti-Spyware.

I have routinely found that those 3 anti-spyware utils detect and remove almost all spyware. Proven over time, many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back