TechSpot

System Error - Category 102 - Event ID 1003

By Falconradar1
Mar 18, 2007
  1. I have facing the blue screen error quite often:
    "System Error - Category 102 - Event ID 1003"

Description says: Error code 100000d1, parameter1 89800000, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 ba6f1988.

I Formated my HDD few times and installed OS (WINXP home edition)

"I am still getting that Blue Screen

I left few of my mini dums.
    I hope my mini dumps can help u to help me.

Please guide me how to resolve this issue:

Thanks

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Check you Device Manager for device driver problems. There will be a yellow or red flag for any problem areas. If you have them, remove or disable the drivers after downloading updates.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at w22n51.sys. This is the driver for your Intel PRO 2200BG Mini PCI adapter wireless software. It is a known issue.

A possible solution can be found HERE.

Alternatively, look for updated drivers on your system manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

System Error

When giving an Event ID#, it should be accompanied by the Event Source. 'System,' is not the Source- that's the log it's on. Please see this page to understand what I refer to:

http://www.monitorware.com/en/events/wineventsearch.php?q=1003

As you will note, there are 5 different Sources for the Event ID 1003 on the System log. The more specific the information, the better able you are to get specific help.

To access this: Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> click on System & Apps, individually> do a right click> Properties on any Error> click on the copy button right below the up & down arrows> Paste wherever you want to save using Paste or Ctrl V.

Bobbye

5. Falconradar1

Falconradar1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I installed the latest driver for Intel PRO 2200BG wireless adapter. System seems to be working fine for now. Thanks for your suggestions.

~FalconR

6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

System Error

Glad to hear you got it resolved. Keep the Event Viewer in mind for the future in case you need it. Thank for posting back.

Bobbye

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.