System failed memory test ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have an Athlon 2400+ on a Asus A7N8X-e deluxe mobo. I also have 2 DDR 400 512 mb sticks installed.

The system was identical for the past year. Today, while browsing the internet I heard "System failed memory test" in my headphones and the monitor shut off. I could still hear the PC working (at least the fans) and also the red light on the front of the case.

I shut down the PC, and of course it won't come back up.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I tried removing the DDR sticks and reinstalling them, but without any effect.

Thanks.

What I tried so far:

1. Tried one stick of memory at a time, no result.
2. Removed the Mobo battery and moved the jumper next to it from 1-2 to 2-3 for 2 secs, then moved back. No result.
3. Tried a new video card (not sure why). No result.

Any other suggestions?

PS: I have another PC from which I'm posting now. It uses DDr 270 memory. Can I try this on the other PC to see if boh my ddr 400 sticks went bad?

Thanks

Well from what you have just said the first thing that came into my head was some kind of virus lol, cause the pc actually telling you though the headphones that theres something wrong with the PC i have never heard of ???? I could be wrong but thats what i think.

Im sorry but i would not know how to fix it?

does your pc display ANYTHING on the screen when you boot up??? (black and white writing i mean)

My PC displays nothing on the screen.

I hear the PC running and I also see the fans running.

Even if I remove both memories I get no error whatsoever.

Other then the error I got before my monitor turned off I have received no further errors, though the computer won't work.

asus motherboards are norotorious for being picky about brands of memory. RTFM and determine if your motherboard can handle the speed and type of memory you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back