System Fails Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer also crashes at random, and I have tried many things, from updating my BIOS, when I first got a warning that that was the cause, to reinstalling all of my drivers, when that became the issue. Also, I tried to do the bypass that Windows told me, which was to turn off my hardware acceleration, as well as disable write combining. This didn't work, and also prevented me from using a lot of my programs and games. Lastly, I took a look at my case, and checked the fans and temperature. Despite a bit of dust, everything was working fine. A few things, my video card, and my motherboard were warm, but nothing too hot. I mean when you are running high end programs, and games that pull a lot on your hardware, what do you expect. So, since I have an Asus motherboard, I have a program called AI Booster, which allows me to control the output/performance of it, as well as check on the CPU. I looked at the temperature of the CPU (38 degrees Celsius), the rpm of its fan (1985), and its volt meter (1.41). As for the memory, the volt meter read 2.55, and for the AGP, it was 1.60. The system came in at 36 degrees Celsius; however the power and chassis both read 0 rpm, which is bizarre. This is where I hung up the towel, and decided to seek advice. So, in order to aid you in helping me out, I have attached the information from the DxDiag scan, and a minidump file. They include all of my hardware information.

“Error Caused By A Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to specifically determine what caused the problem you reported. To troubleshoot the problem, please see the information below.

Analysis
A device driver installed on your system caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, please do one of the following:
• If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your system, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
• Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
• If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
• Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update website. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
• For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.
Additional Technical Information
• How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)”

I hope that you all can help me!

Thanks in advance,
-Cameron

those voltages seem a bit askew, how about some specs on that psu of yours? most people don't realize how important a good psu is to maintaing system stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back