System has recovered from a serious error. again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The code shows you have a fault with the video (possibly the driver).
If you tell us what your PC specs are, o/s you're using,
what you're doing at the time it happens, etc. it might help pinpoint the problem.
If you post your dump files, it would also help.

Ive been running GRID with my radeon 4550HD 512mb card on a 32bitXP Pent 4, 3g ram. just got the card 4 christmas. it seems to work fine with all other games like FSX on medium to mediumhigh settings,Just Cause on full settings...
And what are dunp files? Thanks. O and how do i make it so my specs come up on every message or cant i do that?

If you want to post your specs, click on 'edit' next to profile on the upper left of the screen after you log in.
When your control panel comes up, "system specs" is the 3rd one down the list - add your details there.
Since you did mention that you're using XP, in the "\WINDOWS\Minidump" directory, there are small files with the "dmo" extension. If you can attach at least 5 of them on your next reply, it should help clarify the problem.

now several of my games are getting various crash errors associated with directx or load errors. it seems to be getting slowly worse... :O

First, I'd like to ask how long ago it has been that you ran Windows Update.
The problem is most likely with your drivers. If it has been a while since the update, please do so.
If it has been done recently, try a driver "rollbacl" for your video driver.

I have the most recent windows update. This all started when i installed GRID. First, i had my Video drivers just updated from the CD, then after this **** started happening i downloaded the latest drivers. it didn't seem to help.

for some reason a Norton360 service pack installed and after that my cpu's been running better...but not sloved!

i was hoping to find a solution to the problem... not just uninstalling what i bought or rolling back my drivers.
is there somthing else i can give you to look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back