"system has recovered from a serious error" that I am unaware of!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Im running a new HP Compaq NX9420 laptop (I got it about a week ago) with windows xp pro. When I leave the computer idle for a while it automatically logs off the administrator user profile and goes back to the user selection page (which seems fine to me). After this occurs and I log back in as administrator I occassionally get a "system has recovered from a serious error" message, the signature being:
BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000018 BCP2 : 0000001C BCP3 : 000000 BCP4 : 804FAD49
I researched similar signatures and found they were all the result of random system shutdown. Is this the "error" that is occuring on my laptop when it automatically logs me off after being idle? What do I do to fix it? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Sean

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The bugcheck code you are getting means the following.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

This could be caused by a driver issue, or possible a hardware issue. Since your laptop is new, I suggest you take it back to the vendor from which you got it and have them look at it for you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back