TechSpot

System Integrator

By joeponte
Jul 11, 2007
  1. Hi I'm a system integrator consultant, I'm involved in pc deployments and system convertions like from NT to AD etc.

I have a system that is running windows xp with sp2, when I try to acess any application it is slow as a turtle to get my either web or any explorer window or applications up. I've notice that when I check the task manager it show's me that it is running a task called net.exe. When I kill this proccess my system goes back to working at nornal pace. any help around this subject. I thing I'm going to put a batch file in the startup folder to kill this process what does anybody thing about this, any advice?
    Thanks in advance.

Joe Ponte

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello and welcome to TechSpot. :wave:

It's nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

net.exe can be a legitimate file, which you can use to start and stop Windows services. However, it might be malicious. Please go and read this. Then open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum, describe your problem, and attach the HJT log.

Meanwhile, please check out the following threads. They will help make your TechSpot experience a more enjoyable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

Regards :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.