System is very slow running

I am using a note book laptop with windows 7 that worked good before a piriod of time when fan is working after that it going slowly . When I thought that it is a virus but after I installed windows 8 while installing itself I conformed that is an hardware problem because it takes more than one hour to install. What hardware is the problem to solve it
After using windows 8 at the task manager the disk usage is 100%

Took an hour to install? Wow, it took me 3 plus hours to go from W7 to W10. Anyhow, have you run your AV & other security programs? Have you run a disk clean up & defragged it? No sarcasm, just trying to help :)

It could be slow due to lots of things. What does seem strange is your decision to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 which few would consider a good move. You have had to pay for this upgrade whereas you could upgrade for free to the latest OS by taking advantage of Microsoft's Windows 10 offer.

I suggest that you post full details of the laptop.

After that I degraded my windows into windows 7 this also takes 1 and half hour. Then the system is very slow as in the windows 8 what is the problem

What could cause..."slow computer"?

Virus / trojan / rootkit - run several scans and if any 'surprises', pursue in Virus Removal topic in next forum

Heat throttling due to broken fan - does fan work? if not, fix or replace

Heat throttling due to dust blanket inside - clean inside of computer (check Youtube for instruction on cleaning laptop)

Heat throttling due to hardened thermal paste on CPU or GPU or southbridge - clean & replace (see Youtube for videos on this)

Failing PSU - check voltage and temps against norms using HWInfo (hwinfo.com)

Failing HDD - run cleanup/defrag, make sure a good sized chunk of storage is free

Failing HDD - check SMART, if bad, replace

Let us know what you find. Any more help will require much more information about your system, what it is, how it has been working, how long you've had it, when and what has happened over last months

Back