System keeps blue screening with a bug check

Status
Not open for further replies.
System keeps blue screening with a bug check - MiniDump Attached

Hi,

Recently my PC seems be bluescreening quite a lot. Sometimes several times a day. Usually when I'm in a game or something. I've tried a complete re-install of my OS, but it doesn't appear to have help. I've attached a bunch of the mini-dumps that windows has generated. Any help would be appreciated.

*EDIT* - Just a bit more info.... I have run memtest, and it did not detect any errors. I have a piece of monitoring software that monitors temps, and voltages. Everything seems fine.
My PC stats are:
Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum
AMD Athlon Xp 2000+
512MB Ram
2 x 120GB hard Drive
GeForce 6600GT (AGP)
300watt Power Supply

Most point to faulty graphics drivers. uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers. Ensure you have the latest stable version. Ensure your BIOS is also up to date. Some driver versions work better than others.

Also your PSU is a little undersized. Your card may be unstable due to your PSU.

Thanks for the reply... I'll try updating the video drivers.

For the power supply, Do you know of an easy way to verify if is outputting enough juice? I've heard that a program called speedfan might be able to help?

I've pulled out any extra hardware. Basically all that's left in is the video card, HD's, and CD-Rom. I've also swapped out the power supply for a 350Watt one.

The odd bit is before I swapped the old one out, I checked the voltages using Speedfan, and the +12v was reading around 9.86, and the +5 was reading around 2.31. I figured Power supply for sure.

Unfortunately after swapping the supply, the readings are identical. Am I just doing something wrong, or just happened to grab a second bad power supply?

450W is the minimum recommended for any newer system with a high end graphics card. Much of your power is lost through heat dissapation - it can be as high as 50% in some cheaply made PSUs.

I have 600W on my system.

You were correct. It seems to have been the power supply. I replaced it with a quality 460Watt, and havent had any more problems.....

*Knocks on wood*

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back