System locks-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
About twice a day everyday my computer completely locks-up. The screen becomes frozen and the only way to recover is to physically turn off the power button and reboot. Ctrl-alt-del doesn't even work when i get the lock-up. It seems to happen randomly, while on the internet, while using programs, while doing nothing, and even sometimes during system scans.

I followed most of the instructions on the "Follow these instructions BEFORE posting your HJT log." and i managed to "fix" a few of the problems in my HJT scan but would like to know if i need further fixing.

I have windows millenium so was unable to get an Ewido scan but i was able to get a scan from TrojanHunter and most of the other programs that you listed.

Thanks Howard :)

I haven't had a lock-up all day (knock on wood) since following the "Follow these instructions BEFORE posting your HJT log" thread, but if i do i'll hit the windows os forum.

That`s good to know.

For future reference, if you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of johnb only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back