System Rebooting Over and Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Windows XP loads to the point where it's about to work (I can see my background) and then it reboots again. I scanned and found the trojan.byte virus and deleted it but it's still doing the same thing. I can only run in safe mode which is limiting my options. I turned on the blue screen of death and found Stop: 0x0000008E and then it does a dump. Can someone look at the dump and see where it's going wrong? I'd really appreciate it!

Wow, in three different tech forums, I've seen soo many topics about computers keep restarting. Is something going around?

Yes this can definately be started by a virus infection. Trojans can "open doors" that let other things damage files. An OS repair or reinstall may be the only way to stop the restarting or Blue Screens

The process is devldr32.exe, which is a part of you soundcard drivers. See if uninstalling the soundcard drivers will get you back into normal mode. You can then reinstall the soundcard.

BugCheck 1000008E, {80000003, 85871c92, f6e3f85c, 0}
Probably caused by : emu10k1f.sys ( emu10k1f+21852 ) <--Creative soundcard driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back