System recovered from a serious error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all:

I have this annoying problem of system restarting wthout any appearent reason ,and always accompanied with the blue screen ,when I log in it says (system recovered from a serious error) and microsoft knowledge base is saying (caused by device driver) ,I am attaching the latest 4 minidump files on my system ,my system's configuration is:

PENTIUM 4 2.8 WITH 1MB OF CACHE
256 MB OF RAMs
VIA RZ MB
120 GB SAMSUNG HD
GEFORCE II WITH 64 MB OF RAMs

please analyze my dump files and let me know what is causing this error.

Best regards

Attachments

• Mini100105-01.txt
    64 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your problem would appear to be caused by the Zonealarm firewall, all your minidumps crash at vsdatant.sys.

Download the free Sygate firewall from HERE

Disconnect from the internet, and uninstall Zonealarm. Reboot your system, and install the Sygate firewall. Reboot your system again, and reconnect to the internet.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks alot for your help ,I have spent almost two hours learning how to analyze dump files and your answer was the same result I found ,but do you have any idea why would zonealarm cause this? ,is there a bug fix from zonelabs available?

Best regards

I think it`s probably some kind of incompatibility issue.

Are you running the latest version of Zonealarm?

Check on the Zonelabs website for any updates. http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

I know one of my friends had the same problem using his older version. He is now using the current version, and has had no problems since.

Regards Howard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back