System restarts while loading a game...minidump text file attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

npahlavan

I recently built my computer and started getting stop error blue screens. After troubleshooting it down to my wireless nic I stopped having problems. I have been playing farcry on my computer for a few days now, runs smooth, but today it crashes my system. The game loads fine, but when it is loading the stage my system just reboots itself. I decoded the minidump file so I hope someone can understand it. Any help would be appreciated. The file is attached.

Hi,

One minidump is insufficient to find out the root cause. Attach more debug reports here. The initial finding is software error at ALCXWDM.SYS and it is the sound card device driver.

I actually found that my BIOS had all sorts of overclocking features enabled. I have no idea how that happened. After I got rid of the overclocking everything worked fine. I think the CPU was overheating and that's why it shut down. It works fine now, the game loads and runs like it should. Should I still be worried about something being wrong with my sound card device driver? I'm using the onboard sound and I have no "sound card."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back