System restarts while playing certain games

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad:
My system restarts when I try to save or entering video clips in GTA: San Andreas. After restarting, this error message appears.
" The system has recovered from a serious error " (Send/Don't Send)

I tried formatting, re-installing windows and even installing the game in a different partition. But, the game play is excellent, except when there is video clip/want to save.

I thought the problem is with the software (windows/GTA) but when i tried to play 18 Wheels of Steel, the system restarts just after i press the UP key. (To accelerate). I enquired few people, the answers i got were.....try reformatting, reinstall windows, inefficient cooling system (i tried opening a cover n put a table fan).

One person did extensive testing on the hardware (video, hard disk etc) and concluded that the power supply is not enough...Im at a dead end.

Pls PLs PLs help me guys.Its so frustrating.

MY system specs are:

Pentium 4 775 Socket, 3.0 Ghz
Intel 915PGN
ATI Radeon X600 Pro 128mb PCI-Express
Direct X 9.0c August Edition
512mb RAM
40 Gb IBM Hard Disk
400W Power Supply (With the casing)

Thank you in advance guys....

First, I am assuming you have all the latest drivers, including video card, and chipset. Also that you have updated your bios?

I'd run a test on your ram to rule that out. Go to www.memtest.org and let that program run through about 7 times (It'll take a few hours).

You can also take a peek in your event viewer by right clicking on my computer, then choose manage, then event viewer. Click around in those areas to see what kind of error reports it is giving you.

You can also upload some of your minidumps for review (go to your windows folder and look for the minidumps there, they can also give hints as to what is causing your crashes) but read HERE first.

But yes, I would agree with the person that finds your PSU suspicious. PSUs that come with cases (unless it is a company like Antec for example) typically are extremely evil, causing hard to diagnose system problems. If you have the cash, that should probably be at the top of your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back