System Restore & Corrupt Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum and hopefully I can get some help.

I just recently did a system restore on my first XP computer I had about 4 years ago. It had a virus for awhile and was down for a couple years but I finally got it to work and did a system restore to July 2007. Everything like music, videos and such came back. As well did all my old pictures I restored for except when I click on them it says 'no preview available'. They are most all jpeg files and I've seen threads like this before but only on transferring files never after a system restore. I was wondering if there is any way possible I can revive these pictures so I can view them again? It would really mean alot to me if someone could find a solution or let me know if there is no way I can revive the pictures again.

Thanks much,
Tim

Tim, it would be helpful if you clarified your post:

You've had the computer for 4 years?
You had a virus and left the computer sit for 2 years?
You decided to do a System Restore back to July, 2007.
You are missing some pictures?

If the above are all correct, I would follow with:
Did you get rid of the virus? System Restore doesn't usually do it.
Any pictures you saved "after" July 2007 aren't going to be available "after" that restore- they simply just didn't exist.

Picture previews get generated (by some software) when the image is first loaded.

In the directory containing the *.jpg, look for the file Thumbs.db as that is where they are stored :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back