System restore nw it wont boot to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am not sure what happened when I was going thru System Recovery but...
I am trying to fix a brother in laws computer after he crashed it and it kept locking up. He did not make any xp recovery disks,That seems to be happing a lot because mfg of computers never give ya a hard copy of operating system and if it crashes you are screwed.Well that is what happened and I could not fix it so I went to system recovery and everything was working good it went thru it without a hitch until the end.
The windows recovery said windows reinstall has completed and I went and named his computer after setting up the time zone and when I got to thankyou screen and finsih I hit the finish button and waited for the system to restart but it never did.
It was not locked up it just would not go any further .So I decided it would not hurt much to restart the computer but all it did was go back to the same screen and no further.I restarted it again and this time after about another 30 minutes of waiting it came to a black screen and said this
Windows message:
The system is not fully installed please run setup again
But it would only go to this black screen and show the same message again and will not go to windows no matter what I did
I cant fix it if it wont let me back into windows
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME???
It should of gone and rebooted to windows screen after the finish screen
cant figure this one out

it sounds like faulty hardware. you need to test the memory (memtest) and the hard drive. (hard drive makers diagnostics) if those check out fine then the hardware problem is probably the CPU or mobo. ( unless thier are PC cards or the video card has gone bad).

Yes I have tried that but my brother in law did not back up his system so I have no recovery disk to work from and no windows xp disk full install except a oem windows xp from a dell computer and when i boot with that I get a NTLDR is missing error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back