System Restore problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie2108

i recently installed zone alarm pro onto my laptop and the file dsdatant.sys that is installed crashed my windows explorer and would not allow it to start up again without getting the blue screen. i tried to get onto windows using safe mode and this also wouldnt allow me to start up windows. i then repaired windows using a windows disk and this allowed me to use windows in safe mode. i deleted the file causing the problem and then was able to get into windows normally but now my system restore doesnt work. if i try to open it it tells me that restart my computer and try it again. so i restarted my computer and tried it again... i got the same message. it is turned on as there is no tick in the box to turn it off. i tried ticking the box to turn it off and it wont let me do this either saying that it enountered an error trying to enable/disable one or more drivers and that i should restart and try again... this didnt work either.

has anyone had the same problem or know how to solve this problem??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Zonelarm is a very good programme, but unfortunately, it can cause problems on some systems/configurations.

Reinstall Zoealarm, then instead of deleting the vsdatant.sys file, uninstall Zonealarm via add remove programmes in your control panel.

If that doesn`t help, go HERE and follow the instructions.

You will then need to download and install another firewall programme. The free Kerio firewall is very good. You can get it HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i couldnt uninstall zonealarm because my computer had crashed before the installation was complete.

also this doesnt solve my problem with system restore.

i tried all the things that it says to do and still no luck.

i think installing norton goback as a replacement to it could be the best option

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back