System showing wrong Media Center Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

My parents have a Sony VGC-RB33GY desktop, and it comes standard with Windows Media Center Edition 2005, although it shows version 2002 under the system tool in the control panel. One of the first updated that was put in by sony was the rollup update, made in 2004, which is before the computer was even available. Why is it still displaying version 2002, even with the second rollup installed as well?

Well I dont know 100% why but my Xp computers say the same thing I think it is because they were designed in 2002? If you have the booklet for the o/s from sony it should say version 2002 on it too I think

I know a lot of the sys info in XP is faulty as well. It thinks I have a dual core cpu because I have ht technology.

Does it say Intel Dual core? or just when you go into ctrl+Alt+del it shows two cpu charts?

does it say Media center 2002 or just verision 2002?

It says Version 2002, and no, and it just says Pentium IV (2 Cpu) because of the 2 threads. Yes, it shows the activity on the 2 threads in ctrl+alt+delete as well.

I have a Hyper threading p4 with media center 2005 as well tis a dell though not a sony but still its the same way its just how its programed

Media Center Edition didn't exist in 2002, its like a book that got reprinted, it still has its original copyright date. In this case they just don't have 2005 or later on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back