System Shuts down, and strange noises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish

Hi this problem only started today. Whenever I try to load a game ( not tried anything else yet) the system shuts down. I get a flicker of the blue screen. Then reboots, but takes ages, and a strange sort wirlling noise coming from drive.

Also get this message in windows :

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF9DDCDE BCP3 : F346E8D4 BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

any ideas as this is'nt my computer and worried I may ahve busted it.

(posted in OS thread, relised it should be in here )

Sorry to hear, it sounds like your hard drive is saying bye bye. I would not use the hard drive now, as you might have enough life, in it, to recover your data, from it, when you get a new hard drive. If it is still under warranty, call their service to get it fixed.

Well, it is hard to be sure with out actually being at the computer as it starts up, but from your description, of the noise, and the error, I would say, that is what it is. New hard drives do go AWOL, and yours may have deserted all together.

It should still be under warranty, so have them replace it, and tell them that you want to try and get your data off, before returning the hard drive, if they will allow it.

The only other thing that may be making that noise is one of your fans, so you may want to open the side cover up, and listen, more intently, to where the noise is coming from.

Well, I'm sorry you are having problems, just hope that it can be resolved while still under warranty. Matter of fact don't open it up, as you may void the warranty.

Was the computer just bought recently, or just the hard drive? If it was just the hard drive, and the rest of the computer is not still under warranty, then open it up to better diagnose the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back