System2 fan speed fluctuating

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i go to bios.. it looks fine.. then when i log on I get a alert sound through my speakers, and my dualcorecenter program comes up and tells me my system 2 fan speed is 0.. then it moves 3000ish and then back to 0... im not sure which fan is the system 2 fan.. and im getting annoyed by the sound through my speakers.. and it pops up on my screen alot. I've got a msi 650i motherboard... please help thanks

Many motherboards have two fan output connections. One of course powers the CPU fan. The second outlet (if you have two) should be the one. Unless your board has more than two fan outlets. I didn't look this up. Try to isolate the fan by unplugging the case fan for a minute (won't hurt anything) and see if the warning changes or stops. I don't know what a 'dualcorecenter program' is. Maybe it's an MSI related warning system.(?) I would take off the side of the PC and visually watch each fan for any fluctuation. Just check one fan at a time. Be very sure that your CPU fan is O.K. above all.

Yes run the computer with the case open and see if the warnings stop. You could have a loose fan connection or a defective fan. If all this looks good, try resetting the CMOS and check the fan settings in the bios. Sometimes they get messed up and are set at too low of a temperature

Nvm guys.. i fixed it.. it was a dead fan that i forgot i had.. cuz it was hidden .. lol.. I replaced the fan and it works now.. thanks alot though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back