TechSpot

Systems boots very slowly after power outage

By Jim369
Oct 22, 2004
  1. My daughter computer boots very slowly now after a power outage. I have switched the power supply but the problems is still there. I put the H/D in a new computer and it is fine. I tried a new H/D in her computer and it boots very slowly or I get the BSOD. Any Ideas?

2. Condor

Condor TS Maniac Posts: 461

I also get this problem when i mix my new ram with the old while playing l2.

Took me a while in desperate attempt till i realize that problem could be fix just by using the system recovery, i just roll back a few day with the good configuration and bam! =x works for me. hope that help.

3. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,646

Jim ; was the computer on when the power went down. Sometimes power will spike just prior to failure.Posible you have some hardware damage.
    You could run a memory test and Sisoft sandra test to see if you can spot some trouble.
    Check bios settings
    Try flashing the bios.
    Did you try to load a previous good restore point.(provided you have XP)

4. Jim369

Jim369 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I can't get the system to stay up that long. I do have xp home, strange thing is if I put the H/D in a different computer it run and boots fine.

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Can't you run System Restore on that machine then?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.