T-Mobile customers can't get enough free pizza, force Domino's to back out of promotion

Jos

Staff

T-Mobile’s latest un-carrier move involved a customer appreciation initiative whereby users could claim a freebie every Tuesday. To kick things off this past Tuesday the freebie options included a small Frosty from Wendy’s, a movie rental via Vudu, a ticket from Fandango to see Warcraft, and a medium 2-topping Domino’s pizza. Well, it looks like the latter was too good to pass up, forcing Domino’s to back out of the offer after failing to keep up with demand.

T-Mobile CEO John Legere posted on Twitter that some Domino's franchises received three to four times the number of orders compared to a regular day.

In retrospect, Domino’s and T-Mobile are probably thinking they should have limited the promotion on a per-account basis. The deal gave a medium pizza for each T-Mobile line, which meant a family of four under the same plan qualified for four separate pies.

“The demand was significantly above what we agreed to in advance, which resulted in an understandably disappointing customer experience for some. As a result, we are re-examining the future of this promotion. We thank everyone who participated in the promotion and thank those individuals working in the stores who went above and beyond in trying to keep up with the overwhelming demand,” a Domino’s spokesperson told TechCrunch.

While plenty of customers were left disappointed, the customer appreciation initiative seems to have been well received overall. Legere says the T-Mobile Tuesdays app has already been download more than 2 million times. Next Tuesday, in lieu of free pizza, customers can get one free $15 Lyft ride, a $20 coupon at MLB.com, among other free perks.

Permalink to story.

Is T-Mobile trying to fatten up their customers so they can't leave the house to cancel their contracts? genius idea, but the problem is that most are already too fat to do that :D

After reading the article here at Techspot and again at TechCrunch, it appears that this is a promotion in the US. Based on your other posts (that I've read) you don't appear to be an American (I would guess S. American or Romanian). So are you saying that most US T-Mobile customers are not only fat, but too fat to even leave their homes? And does that smiley face at the end of your post imply this was a passive aggressive statement? Please clarify.

After reading the article here at Techspot and again at TechCrunch, it appears that this is a promotion in the US. Based on your other posts (that I've read) you don't appear to be an American (I would guess S. American or Romanian). So are you saying that most US T-Mobile customers are not only fat, but too fat to even leave their homes? And does that smiley face at the end of your post imply this was a passive aggressive statement? Please clarify.
and you are taking a joke seriously because? netflix and chill dude.

thanks, I knew you would like it.

You have a big sense of humor, buddy. Big. *holds hands far apart*
Hey, we Romanians are a bitter people. We build software for the western Europe and the USA at a 10th of the cost while living in almost medieval conditions.

If America is so great why isn't it building its own software without Indians clumping the highway to Microsoft?

Hey, we Romanians are a bitter people. We build software for the western Europe and the USA at a 10th of the cost while living in almost medieval conditions.

If America is so great why isn't it building its own software without Indians clumping the highway to Microsoft?

1. Trump isn't POTUS yet. Obviously.
2. See (1).

I'm a non attorney spokesman.
If you or a loved one were a victim of the t-mobile / domino's free pizza giveaway, you could be entitled to compensation. Call the law offices of Lawsuits Are Us at 800 - We sue for you.

No matter how "great" America is there is not reason to spend more money on a regular workforce if you can spend less on Indians and other people who work for less. Difference in quality isn't that big.

No matter how "great" America is there is not reason to spend more money on a regular workforce if you can spend less on Indians and other people who work for less. Difference in quality isn't that big.

You mean a workforce that actually speaks english? The difference being actually understanding the person you are talking to.

Is T-Mobile trying to fatten up their customers so they can't leave the house to cancel their contracts? genius idea, but the problem is that most are already too fat to do that :D

lol S American or Romanian??? That's like the opposite side of the world! what made u guess those 2 regions? talk about random!

If only you knew that T-Mobile doesn't do service contracts.

So are you saying that most US ... customers are not only fat...
Joke rooted in facts; the majority of Americans are overwight. (over 60%)

Welcome to the center of government corruption and the home of Monsanto.

Back