T3h Solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I heard that a lot of people are having problems with no display after Windows loads. Well, I took my PC into the shop today only to find that it has no problems at all. My computer's condition:

Display available at system startup, no display after loading windows normally.
Display available in safe mode and not available even in 640 x 480 resolution.
Display available with onboard graphics card and VGA mode on normal card and on HDTV.

So, the problem seems to be my monitor. The monitors in the shops work with my PC with both DVI and VGA mode. If your problem is like this, check if your plug and play device is working properly and if it isn't, there you go. If you use a CRT and VGA mode doesn't work, the problem isn't the graphics card - it's the monitor itself. Either the graphics card can't detect the monitor with the drivers installed or the monitor has an internal problem.

Fixing an LCD:

Basically, the only parts on an LCD consist of:

The display
The mainboard
This other board that probably transfers information or something.

On most LCDs, the mainboard is near the bottom of the back of the display while the other board is on the edge of it.

BUT, before you disect your monitor, check the device manager to see if its drivers aren't corrupted or anything.

Fixing a CRT:

Well... if a CRT's broken, you'd save more money buying a new one. I've run some tests and... a CRT doesn't need a driver or anything... EVER.

This might be confusing a bit so I'll sum it up:

Get a new monitor
Check the drivers for the monitor

All of you who might be getting a new graphics card in the next hour or so... DONT lol. You'll just get disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back