Tablet does not hibernate when it reaches critical battery level

bwarren97

I recently purchased a Toshiba Encore 2 and upgraded it to Windows 10 immediately after setting it up.
I've noticed that every time I leave it off the charger in sleep mode for extended periods of time, it doesn't reach hibernate mode before the battery cuts the power. Next time I go to turn it on, I have to wait at least 5 minutes with it on the charger before it will post, and it then asks for the time and date, then boots normally.
In order to try and fix this, I went into the advanced power settings and turned up the critical battery level (up to 4%) and made sure it was set to go to hibernate at that point. I used it earlier today and let the battery drain to 4%, but it went on to 3% and did not hibernate. Can somebody enlighten me on why it does this?

Hmm; try changing the setting to hibernate at a higher setting for CRITICAL. *Maybe* there's not enought time to get it completed before the system goes dead.

Hmm; try changing the setting to hibernate at a higher setting for CRITICAL. *Maybe* there's not enought time to get it completed before the system goes dead.
That's what I thought the original problem was. The critical setting was 2% before, so I brought it up to 4%. The tablet did NOTHING about the critical battery when it reached that point.

Today I used the tablet during school after a night off the charger. Was playing music, ignored the low battery warning, and after a while it just died. No shutown at all, just died. Plugged it in right after and it automatically rebooted. I don't understand what is causing it to ignore the critical battery level :/

Back