TechSpot

Taco Bell to accept orders via smartphones later this year

By Shawn Knight
Feb 14, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. If standing in line to order food at the local fast food joint is too much of a chore for you, Taco Bell has you covered. The fast food chain is planning to roll out a mobile ordering platform nationwide...

Read more

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,446   +125

I would! I definitely would!! I hate waiting for my food on restaurants when I want to take out, so I usually call first and then arrive pay get my food and leave, if this works for Taco Bell it would push other fast food stores and restaurants to hop in the hip wagon and implement and/or improve the system. It would also avoid the hassle of paying to a cashier or wait for people to make up their mind when ordering.

3. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +108

We now live in a world where fast food simply isn’t fast enough. Yikes.

H3llion, Mooseinadesert and madboyv1 like this.
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,446   +125

When there are lots of people who won't decide on what to get or pay with cents you can actually slow down quite a lot the "fast" food :p

I'm mostly interested in seeing this tech on restaurants, the ability to see the updated prices on different places near you, really great idea!

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,197   +751

The fast food moniker stuck around like 'dialing' a telephone number. Back in they those places used to have food prepared before you got there... there would be hamburgers etc already wrapped behind the counter and they'd just throw one on your tray when you ordered. (Some places like Rocky Rococo's Pizza still do it this way because pizza is slow to make) now they make everything to order except the fries.

I think this would be a big hit. Especially with the younger crowd who already go to Taco Bell every Sat at the end of a long night.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

Well I haven't ordered take outs... must be close on five years now, so I'm surprised something like this is not already commonplace among fast food chains. No, a service like this wouldn't interest me in the least and neither would the app.

7. insect

insect TS Booster Posts: 227   +63

I'd use this. Should result in fewer incorrect orders.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  8. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +99

If only there were more Taco Bell restaurants in UK *cries*

9. alcarin2030

alcarin2030 TS Enthusiast Posts: 109   +13

Actually, as a current Taco Bell employee, I can tell you that this will result in more incorrect orders. Taco Bell's have two food prep lines, one for Drive Thru and one more Dining Room. One of these lines is going to have to pickup and make that order in the midst of what might be a very busy night. They are not going to have a separate line installed and manned for this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.