By Archean
Dec 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,705   +873

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,285   +281

Interesting. I do take lots of picture, but primarily when traveling and not at social gatherings. I offer a contradiction: I just returned from Rome and walked directly to a favorite restaurant about a mile from my location - - I seem to navigate by 'minds-eye visual clues'.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,272   +258

I'm sure it's not the same for everyone but I bet there is something to this study. It seems like something I should have picked up on or saw in the movie Idiocracy. I know having a GPS has really hurt my ability to remember directions... I don't even try anymore since I can just say to my phone that I want to go somewhere and that voice tells me exactly where to turn.
  4. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

I have to say this is kind of true, especially when recording videos at concerts, sporting events, etc. which become much less immersive.
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,093   +223

I may be off base here, but what if you're recording it for person(s) that can't be there?
    Is one expected to explain every thing in detail to the one(s) not there?
  6. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,180   +442

...There would be a giant photograph at the top of the article.

Now, what were we talking about?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.