TechSpot

Target CEO resigns following data breach debacle

By Shawn Knight
May 5, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Target chairman and CEO Gregg Steinhafel has resigned following 35 years of service, the company's Board of Directors announced on Monday. A search for his replacement is under way but in the meantime, chief financial officer John Mulligan will serve...

Read more

2. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

Wow! That is insane. Its sad he resigned, but I understand why he did. He might have not been the reason for it, but he probably felt guilty that it happened on his turf. That is why they need more white hat hackers to find these possible vulnerabilities to fight off the forces of evil! (Aka Black hat hackers and grey hat hackers!)

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,060

It looks like these hackers really scored a bulls-eye targeting Target. Puns notwithstanding, the CEO probably made more than enough money to last him a lifetime so it's about time he put his feet up in the Bahamas and forgot about this whole sordid affair.

4. EClyde

EClyde TS Guru Posts: 715   +184

It's all lip service. From the canned comment responses (is there anything else I can do for you?) to the yep we are secure. He should go and I am happy to see him gone. Whoever takes over can't guarantee security either

5. I'm sure this resignation has less to do with the attack and more to do with a weak focus on Information Security within Target. Hopefully, this will send a strong message to the business community to build stronger IS programmes.