Task Bar Stuck In Windows Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason my pc has reverted back to a windows classic taskbar. In the Display/Appearance tab I have windows xp choice, but in the windows/Buttons tab, I only have windows classic available. From what I have read here it has to do with a Policy setting made via gpedit.msc. (Not manually) The check box under System Properties/Advanced/Performance/Settings that reads: Use visual styles on windows and buttons does not remain checked.I have found a registry edit to correct the problem (I hope) but I'm not sure how to apply it. Could someone out there help me please.

thats lucky your computer does that i always have to turn that off myself.

but since you want it back have you checked the taskbar properties?

righ click on taskbar ->select properties -> start menu tab

and there is an option for classic or not.

Doesn't fix the problem

Thank you for your reply Soap, but that doesn't fix the problem. I am now able to get to the service but the problem remains that I still have a windows classic taskbar that I cannot change back to xp style. The windows and buttons tab still only offer windows classic style.

Well, that .dll doesn't show up on my system either, so my guess is that your error message might not be related. How long has this been happening and have you tried a system restore?

I have the .dll back Masque, but still no xp taskbar/windows/buttons back, just the background. Had the problem for 2 weeks, tried several system restores, also tried all fixes that I could find in previous posts, but nothing seems to work. Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back