task manager, control panal, system restore and safe mode doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there this is my first post on tech spot

i have a severe problem which i believe is due to viruses or malware

i am unable to run task manager control panal and system restore. allof these say that restrictions on the computer wont allow them to run.

i am running avg free edition, avg spyware and adaware, none of which can fix the problem. i also tried running online scanners ( trend and panda) which both fail to run.

when i reboot in safe mode i can still not run control panel or any othe features.

when i try to run windows in a clean boot state using msconfig it defaults back to the original settings.

can anyone help?

manythanks kieran

hope it helps

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of cowbadger only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

after following instructions

so I followed the cleaning guide. spybot would not install. avg rootkit revealed nothing. smitfraud gave me access to control panel and task manager. adaware will not start

here are my reports

Attachments

• combpfixlog.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 6
First off you need to get avg antispy to delete the threats it found.

I'm a little rusty with hijackthis and lack confidence on advising you at the moment as i have been without a pc and an internet connection for over 7 months. I will however enlist Howards help as soon as he is about.

This thread is for the use of cowbadger only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Good, well done!

I apologise for not helping further, but there is a possibility that i could waste some of your time by being unsure. Your problems will be dealt with as soon as possible.

Im a little more confident now in helping you out. I can guarantee that my advise will not harm your pc in any way, however, i cannot guarantee that it will cure your problems first try. Let me know if you wish to proceed.

This thread is for the use of cowbadger only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system has been hijacked. Please follow the instructions below exactly.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exe

Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "No Action Taken". That`s because you haven`t told AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results as per the instructions. See this pictorial guide.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Windows Management Service<Not ot be confused with Windows Management Instrumentation.

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

dmqzc.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all 017 entries.

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: hadjajr.ini

O23 - Service: Windows Management Service - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmqzc.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmqzc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hadjajr.ini

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as well as the C:\fixwareout\report.txt.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Delete this file.

C:\dnsbak.reg

Other than that, your log files appear to be clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Regards Howard :)

thanks very much. most things are working.
unfortunatly avg spyware wont boot and gives msg
"connection to service failed. please reinstall avg antispyware 7.5." when i do this the problem happens again after reboot.

also windows defender wont boot and gives the msg "windows defender application failed 0x800106ba"

thanks k

I wonder if your AVG Antispyware service is running.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) Set the startup type to automatic and click the start button. Click apply/ok.

AVG Anti-Spyware.

Close the services window.

See if that helps.

If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling both programmes.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back