Task Manager-no active network adapters found.

By JAK
Aug 29, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer (runs on Windows Xp) is not connecting to the Internet. When I open Task Manager and select networking, all it has displayed is a gray screen with the words "No Active Network adapters found." My Internet provider is Comcast, we have a Motorola "SB5120 SURFboard Cable Modem" and a LINKSYS Router model: WRTP54G. I am currently on the other computer in our network (just my computer and this other one I am using) I also am connected from the router directly to the computer. (This one I am on is wireless) I hope you can fix this thanks.

Note: If this helps I have recently tried to repair my local area conection and it came up with an error:

Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the
    following action cannot be completed:
    Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed.
  2. JAK

JAK Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

so... no one can answer this one?
    **** i guess i really messed up... but what did i mess up... well i know i downloaded warcraft 3 bandlist but thats all i can remember
  3. JAK

JAK Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

wOOt i fixed it. All i had to do was run winsockxpFix
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m sorry no one replied earlier.

Glad your problem is solved.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  5. roses

roses Newcomer, in training

Great

I spent more than 6 hours trying to correct this - no active network adapter - downloaded winsockxpfix and great up and running again
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.