Task Manager not an option anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, When I hit Ctrl, Alt, & Delete, my task manager button is no longer an option. I ran Hijackthis and here are the results. I hope I did this correctly, as you can tell I am brand new to this.

You may just have some protection software in conflict.
I see Adaware 2007, Superant antispyware, McAfee full install, Symantec, and Windows Defender, together with a great deal of other software that make a lot of demands through the processes. Thus too many demands, potentially, on the task manager.
I would re-evaluate you security settings and installs, and perhaps remove either the McAfee or Symantec install - because one usually has difficulties when both are fighting each other over the honor of defending you. I would also consider removing Superant as long as you have McAfee... then see what happens
I would also run a simple registry edit such as RegCleaner to be sure you got everthing off of the one you removed.

I would also look at your installed memory, which you didn't mention, to see if you really have enough memory for all that software you have installed... and take a look at your processes to see how many programs are attempting to run.

hi chrisbra. you do have some issues with your log. GO HERE and follow the instructions then post all logs produced including a fresh hjt log

The Reg Cleaner version by Juoni Viourno is available in free and paid versions. You can find the free version at www.majorgeeks.com under Registry... Its name, I believe, is Reg Cleaner.
Juoni Viourno was employed for years by Microsoft, I believe, and was part of the development team for the now discontinued Tweak or TweakUI program.
This is not a fancy registry editor, but is a simple non-risky way to edit the registry and have full control... anything you remove is placed into a backup folder section so you can replace it if things go rong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back