Task manager not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude_rocker8632

Oh great internet guru's of your magificent web i wish to gaze upon you r texted help becuase i've got a problem

CTRL ALT DELETE WON'T WORK

I got the internet two days ago and yesterday June 18th my task manager didn't work in it's normal more i have checked all your other threads on this and to no avail still nothing but task manager did work in safe mode

Post Script: I don't really have a firewall or a anti-virus program cause i'm a little low on funds PLEASE HELP oh great ones

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First, you should download and install an antivirus programme and a firewall.

The free AVG antivirus programme and the free Zonealarm firewall are both very good. You can get them from HERE and HERE.

Install Zonealarm first, followed by AVG. Reboot your computer and run the AVG updates.

Then, follow these instructions.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Run a full system scan with AVG and delete whatever it finds.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Then, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

I have moved this thread to our security and the web forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

HJT=HijackThis, it`s a programme that allows us to see what`s running on your system and helps in getting rid of viruses/spyware etc.

Just follow the instructions I gave you and we`ll see what we can do to help.

Regards Howard :)

It sounds like a worm to me. Most likely Spybot.W32. I ended up nabbing that moments after I connected to the internet.

That`s good news.

However, I think it`s still a good idea to follow the instructions in this thread HERE

This is because your system may well be infected with stuff AVG wouldn`t find, such as spyware etc.

Then, post a fresh HJT log as requested.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back