TechSpot

Task Manager PROBLEM Does not load!!!

By computer_geek
Aug 1, 2006
  1. hi peoples, i was wondering if you all could help me.
    i got this annoying windows popup thing while trying to install a diffrent type of msn, and got a little bit of a annoying thing.
    when i go on the normal msn a little window pops up every now and then
    say 's' and you can only press okay. i think you can fix it from task manager but that dosent load when i press alt+cnrl+delete. if i go run task manager from start it says this ' another program is currently using this file ' !! how can i get rid of the 's' window pop up thing and HOW do i get task manager back...

THANK YOU
    hope you can help

2. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

some viruses will prevent the task manager from opening so please go here and follow all the instructions. you can also include ewido from www.ewido.net/en/download , its free.then post an hjt log which is free from here and post it here.

3. computer_geek

computer_geek TS Rookie Topic Starter

(none)

what is hjt? im new to this site as u can see

4. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

hjt= hi-jack this. it a software developed by a man called tom coyote or so i believe. it scans your pc and will produce a readable log that can display faults in files plus viral and adware infections. be sure that when you do post it that it is uploaded in text form.

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

As tomrca says, you may have a virus/spyware infection.

Follow the instructions exactly in this thread HERE.

Then post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread.

If your problem turns out to be virus spyware related, I will move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.