Task Manager problem + unknown program = headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I followed all the steps on the What to do about Task Manager problems thread and had no luck. I also got rid of any spyware, malware, and greyware that I possibly could. When I try to view the Task Manager, I can only view the task window. Nothing else. Regedit will only run for a split second when I try to open it. There is some mysterious program that closes when I shut my pc down. Since I am pretty new to all this, could someone please offer some assistance

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can see nothing nasty in your HJT log. However, that doesn`t necessarily mean your system is clean.

Try this in order to fix your task manager. Open task manager and double click on the border as indicated in the pic below. See if that helps.

TM-notabs.jpg

I`m not sure what`s causing your regedit problem, so let`s check for hidden malware.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of InFiction only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back