Task manager problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chowey

i have a problem with my task manager

when i open the task manager by ctrl+alt+del, it really shocked me, just notepad with `taskmgr` title appear.
what really happen to my task manager??

Hi chowey

Right click on the Task bar at the bottom of your screen and then click Task Manager and see if it opens up from there .... is your anti-virus up to date and have you run a scan recently?

Spyder_1386 :)

i`ve try that but it is still the same, notepad with `taskmgr` title appear and there is something that i can`t understand written there.
`This program cannot be run in DOS mode`, what is actually meaning of this sentences? it`s on the notepad.

You're going to place the cursor (from the mouse) over the bottom section of the 'frame' around the Task Manage- where it has Processes-.
250px-Windows_Task_Manager_Vista.png

Then you're going to click twice with the left mouse button. If that location doesn't make the change, trry the double click on one of the side frames.

You're going to place the cursor (from the mouse) over the bottom section of the 'frame' around the Task Manage- where it has Processes-.

Then you're going to click twice with the left mouse button. If that location doesn't make the change, trry the double click on one of the side frames.

the windows task manager do not open, but the notepad appear,
the picture you have posted do not appear at all

once happed to me also but then i repaired with xp cd.
try to repair ur os

oh,
if i want to repair by using xp cd,
did the process disturb the hard disk,
i mean all my files (music,picture,video) in my hard disk, like format.

My apology- I misread what you said. The Task Manager can run in what's called a "Tiny Footprint" mode. A double-click on the border it will restore to normal. I thought that's what it was. You have to do the click on the border though before you will see anything.

Actually, a double click on the border will send it into TFM as well.

Will you please check this setting?
  • Click Start> Run> type Services.msc
  • Locate Terminal Services and double-click it
  • Set the Startup type to Manual> click Apply
  • Click the Start button to launch the service manually.

Does that make any difference?

This is much better: http://ask-leo.com/why_is_my_task_manager_disabled_and_how_do_i_fix_it.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back