Task manager problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontknowjack

um i got almost the same problem i cant use task man or regedit it say it was disabled by another manager and im worried i think i have svchost becuz it pop up a while back and im very new so if some one could explain what all that stuff under what u say is that would help i imagine it the status of the system anyway how do i do that
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. this will save any confusion.

Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread and I`ll advise.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of dontknowjack only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hi i need alot of help please

im new dont know anything and i got a lot of dumb crap on my computer
first ive done antispyware programs over and over again and things keep poping up i even ran them all in safemode (everykind) and still
my task manager says its been disabled by another manager and my regedit to and im really worried
so please explain from the top and slowly
i just really dont want to reformat
ive done it wit
spyware doctor
bug doctor
antivir pe classic

ill tell some names like
svchost
look2me
Backdoor.CIADoor.13
Deskbar
SP2Update
Dollarrevenue

I have merged your new thread into this one. Please don`t open any more threads for this. Thanks.

Follow the instructions in the link I gave you and post a HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=,

F3 - REG:win.ini: run=,

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Documents and Settings\EDUARDO\Mis documentos\mario y natalia\mario y natalia\bit tor\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue Registry Booster] C:\DOCUME~1\Prodigy\CONFIG~1\Temp\~AceTemp\h-reb11a-2006-05-272\RegistryBooster. exe /S

O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?

O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1

O20 - Winlogon Notify: SharedDlls - C:\WINDOWS\system32\phgfilt.dll (file missing)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: ThemeManager - C:\WINDOWS\system32\r2p8lc7u1f.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

This thread is for the use of dontknowjack only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks but theres still sumthing

regedit works but task manager doesn´t and there was a error here it is:

Unexpected error occurred!
Error #52 (Bad file name or number) in Sub GetLongPath(?.exe).

Please send a report to merijn@spywareinfo.com, mentioning what you were doing, and what version of Windows you have.

Your HJT log is clean.

Go and read this thread HERE. If that doesn`t help, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

The error message you received was a crash in HJT and is nothing to worry about.

Let me know the results please.

my god thank u so much u dont know how much thank u thanku thanku thanku wow this site is really good and your the best

and if theres any thing u think is wrong or think would be better please tell me thanks again

That`s excellent news.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back