Task manager screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHaDoWTyRanT

Ok, i'm on my computer with my friends playing diablo 2. suddenly d2 errors for all of us. i freeze while the error goes on so i try to enter my task manager. nothing appears so a wait for awhile. then cut the power and reboot. it takes 5 seconds or so longer to get to desktop. and when i get there my cable appears to be inactive. so i open up task manager and check the optimization. when task manager opens, all i see is a box with windows automatic update(its always on processes when i reboot) and nothing else. no minimize button, maximize or even close. also the tabs aren't there so i can't switch to anything but the running programs. on my tool bar there is the task manager icon and nothing right next to it (no name). PLEASE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON. NORTON/ADAWARE/SPYBOT COULDN'T SOLVE THIS!!

You usually have this problem when playing 3d games. When you try to access the task manager, it stays behind the game screen, and you click and hit it again, double click, etc. and it never comes up, but when you restart and it is showing it looks totally different. Do as LNCPapa suggested and all should be better.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

It just means we made this mistake before you did :) so now it looks like we knew the answer all along.

I also play Diablo, and had this problem for months.

Finally, I decided it bugged me enough to google it..... got this thread, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks a bunch

task manager problem

i also have a task manager problem. I can't even start him. Help quickly. Here is image of what is showing when i press ctrl+alt+del Here is a picture

Vasekbb, your PC is infected with PC, coz such message occurs when virus are there on the system.

I hope you have a good antivirus. You should scan your PC with antivirus after updating its definitions.
Turn off the system restore, then boot into safe mode, and then scan the system with antivirus. Hopefully, the virus should be caught and taken care of.

If it dosent, then post a topic in the virus section of the forum and experts will guide you.

Also, to fix your task manager, download this small program and see if it works. It will, but if virus are there on your PC, task manager will be gone again, so you should scan the PC for virus at the earliest.

Task Manager Fix :
www.taskmanagerfix.com

And please, its always good to open a new topic for your problem. It helps people to attend to your problem nicely, and also, its fair for the topic starter too.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back