Task manager useless program

Status
Not open for further replies.

wen9x88

someone help me check the program running in task manager
because i using old computer,and i don want waste memory usage on the useless program.
and i m not sure which one can disable,so i hope someone can help me check this task manager.
and tell me which one can disable to get more memory usage and make my computer faster.
my computer is clean,no malware,virus,trojan,and others.
don ask me to scan computer,and ask me to run Disk Defragmenter.
and here is my task manager:
that two red box is the player i using to listen music and another one is for gaming.
sorry because my english weak.
hope you guys can understand.
untitled-59.jpg

Garena.exe=gaming software
mplayer.exe=media player
disable as many startups as possible.?
which one can disable?

Some additional comments:
  1. You've downloaded the Source Forge media player (smplayer.exe). Do you need it plus Windows media player both running at same time?? Each require a hefty amount of memory.
  2. Garena.exe was recently released for your GG games and a number of issues are being reported about it (including its size vs. Gcient its predecessor). Don't know how you get gg game updates, but keep checking for them.
  3. ctfmon.exe is part of Microsoft Office. Everyone gets it. Alot of people don't need or use it. Look here to see more of what it is and what you can do.
  4. Check and see what's in your task scheduler (sched.exe)
  5. I wouldn't advise simply disabling everything you find in startups but your AntiVirus more then just your Anti-virus require startups for your system to work properly (e.g. some Logitech wireless devices need startups or you're dead in the water when you boot). Suggest you take the time to check each startup to see what it is, and the recommendation as to if required or not.Start by checking here

more then just your Anti-virus require startups for your system to work properly (e.g. some Logitech wireless devices need startups or you're dead in the water when you boot).
wanted to clarify one thing.... in my example, while some Logitech wireless devices do require some startups for them to work correctly.. that doesn't mean they need all the startups Logitech might install and run on your system. Again, check the startup guide and decide on a one-by-one basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back