Task Manager wont open w/ ctrl alt delete, or shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to bring up the task manager a while back, it would not come up when I pressed ctrl alt delete, I even made a shortcut to it but this time when clicked and error message came up telling me "Another program is currently using this file.". I am running windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 2.
ive used spybot:search and destroy as directed by a colleague, aswell as ad-aware se, and hijack this, both in and out of safe mode trying to correct the problem. I am attaching the logfile I saved from my most recent use of hijack this in safemode. plz, I need help.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 13
excuse me, i was being polite and gave some pretty accurate information as to what im running and uploaded my log file the way i was supposed to the first time around instead of having to be told.

I don't need polite (though it helps...).
I want people to get rid of their gremlins.
With today's free AVs available, such as from http://free.grisoft.com, it is gross ignorance, and complete stupidity, to think you don't need such a program.

Follow these instructions EXACTLY. Put HijackThis in e.g. C:\Program Files\HJT and NOT in Temp or on the Desktop!.
Read: How to remove Begin2Search/Coolwebsearch and Other Nasties

Then post a new log if you still have problems (AND you then have some AV, anything but Norton/Symantec/McAfee).

I dont spend all my time on the computer, and maybe it was a little ignorant and ****ey to think that the protection ive already got w/ my router and other utilitys was enough. I'm downloading the avg you gave me a link to and I appreciate it. I did exactly that with hijack this, I read the way ppl wanted it done the first time around as I said. but just incase you meant you wanted to see another im attaching one.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 7
First Read: Only use these HJT-instructions when asked!
/P/ Process needs to be stopped
/U/ UNinstall anything to do with this
Transfer the text from between these dotted lines underneath to between the dotted lines of that post.
Make sure to follow ALL instructions in SEQUENCE, and in HiJackThis tick/fix ALL lines indicated here!
...................................................................................................
/P/U/ O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto
O4 - Startup: High Speed.lnk = ?
Unless these IP-numbers are from your ISP, fix this O17
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{44C947B8-A737-4891-AD99-BC95E8198659}: NameServer = 206.47.244.89 206.47.244.14
...................................................................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back