Task Manager won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

abaddonsghost

I'll put it as bluntly and as simple as i think it should be.
Its been going on for a week.

Im running vista home premium 32bit SP2

Happend after i uninstalled NOD32(Antivirus version),Zonealarm Firewall free.

I did install another antivirus immediatly after i uninstalled that one(Kaspersky IS.)

I cannot run it through Start->Search->taskmgr.exe(It says windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Same thing happens when i run it from the system32 Dir.

CTRL+ALT+DEL brings up the vista selection then i click task manager, nothing happens

Running as admin makes no difference.

I've allways been the admin of the computer,mine is the only account.

I did find 2 viruses under Java, caught by Kaspersky, deleting them had no difference to task manager.

I have scanned my computer in normal desktop mode with Kaspersky, NOD32, AVG, Malware bytes with no viruses

I have scanned my computer in safe mode with Kaspersky, NOD32, AVG, MBAM with no viruses.

I can run task manager in safe mode, which leads me to bieleve i have a virus.

i can run AFAIK all other admin programs.... i have noticed a difference in some access to items though, just that some things require me to command "Run as admin"

I have run SFC.

I have run Check Disk.

My computer starts up around 20seconds longer then usual

Dont bother saying its disabled or something....it is NOT disabled lol

I have spent atleast 50 hours trying to fix this, that is not a joke.

Crutchety(in the HJT Log) is what i named HJT lol.

I may have missed some things that ive tried, but this is the best information i can give to what ive done.

Also, the HJT Log i attatched is while a Internet explorer windows is open, i did it while i was writing this if one is needed without IE Open, or in safe mode let me know.

Please and Thank you to all

Hi abaddonsghost,
All i can say is run this application its called Dial-a-fix, select "WU / WUAH and Empty temp" i hope that fixes you up, so that you have control on you system again.

Cheers R

Alas..Dial-a-fix is for XP users
If anyone has Vista home premium 32bit taskmgr.exe can ya please attach it?, Nothing wrong with a li'l trial and error

You don't need someones TaskManager file

You presently have 2 Antiiruses installed:
  • AVG9
  • Kaspersky
But you can only have 1 Antivirus real time protection installed at a time
It is highly likely that you are also Malware infected

I have scanned my computer in normal desktop mode with Kaspersky, NOD32, AVG, Malware bytes with no viruses
Do you own any of these programs? If so why would you buy two of them? And I think AVG is the Internet Security one?

As its a mess, do this ;)
Uninstall ALL your Antivirus programs (they are likely all corrupt by now)
Then run the AVG Remover Tool: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/support/avgremover_en.exe
Restart

Continue over to HERE, and I suggest you try the Free Avira Antivirus in that Guide
Good luck :)

@Ronell
Please read this sticky: Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware removal board
Basically you must be able to read the logs before supplying support
By replying to this member with try some program (of which does help on XP system file corruption) You have inadvertantly made support think that this Topic had been supported. Of which it hadn't.

Turns out i had no malware, i did only have one real time protection only fools use two.
I had a very....governing kaspersky internet security, turns out it was blocking my access to adminastritive(SP) Tools, like task manager, not corrupt just very governing, T'is why i could run anything in safe mode, anyway ive fixed the problem by turning GAME MODE on when i want, also no matter what anyone says i wont change from kaspersky lol, it IS the best antimalware device out, im in a virusy neighbourhood, and i have to be safe right? thanks for postin anyway its appreciated as a explantion.
~Ghosty out.

Turns out i had no malware, i did only have one real time protection only fools use two.
:rolleyes:
You have Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (all through your log)
And you have AVG in all of the following places in your log:
R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll,C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\kloehk.dll,avgrsstx.dll

Therefore you have >TWO< installed

So, thanks for the update, and you may want to get that malware removed oneday (when you're ready) ;)
Hear back from you in 5 days then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back