TechSpot

Task Manager

By RapidFire
Jul 14, 2007
  1. My Task Manager won't come up when I hit control alt delete. I also can't open programs after they have installed. Can someone check the Hijack this attachment and help me fix my computer?

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

This shouldn't be running:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\dllhost.exe

Fix these:
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [License Manager] "C:\Program Files\License_Manager\license_manager.exe " /silent

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://kl.bar.need2find.com/KL/menusearch.html?p=KL

O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} -

This looks suspicious to me:
    O4 - Startup: TA_Start.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\micro1\f6.exe

Read the pinned links on top of this forum on how to perform fixes.

3. bobby123

bobby123 TS Rookie Posts: 336

4. RapidFire

RapidFire TS Rookie Topic Starter

Mictlantecuhtli

I got task manager working by using avg and it found like 4300 something viruses(most were the same virus in a different file). it cleaned them all and now everthing seems fine, but i can't run some programs(games) andsome other things like msn messenger. I fixed everything you said to fix in hijackthis. Any ideas to get those programs to work?

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Sounds like some system files got deleted along with viruses. Have you tried running system file checker? (Run sfc /scannow )

6. RapidFire

RapidFire TS Rookie Topic Starter

Mictlantecuhtli:

I found out that most of my programs that need internet run through IE7 and I uninstalled it so thats why they stopped working. I reinstalled it and everything seems fine. Thanks for your help!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.