Task scheduler and ntbackup

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caravel

I have been trying to get a scheduled backup to run for days. I can right click the task from task scheduler and click run and the job runs without issue. If however I leave it to run as scheduled, even if I set it to run the next minute, it fires up, gets to mounting media and then, I get an error "The requested media failed to mount." in the backup log.

I have a feeling that the removable storage storage service may be the problem, because when I click 'run' it appears in the system tray (mounting media...) but when scheduling it doesn't appear. The task scheduler doesn't seem to be able to start it up. I'm logging in as an admin and running the backup under the same credentials as the logged in user. The company that installed this are also clueless. I'm running the ntbackup job with the /um parameter (unmanaged) this stops the checks for clean and unclean media, which is annoying, but it doesn't alter the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Caravel

Nodsu said:
Check the Event Viewer for any error messages?

Done all that, and there was nothing of note. I have solved it now though. The client service for netware was installed but the client for microsoft networks wasn't. I wouldn't have though this would have made a difference, but it must somehow handle the running of scheduled tasks etc when logging in under alternative credentials etc.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back